We all talk about success and being successful, but do we really know what it means to be successful?
Before we can start down the path to success, isn't it important to know what success is?
Success is personal to all of us.
For some people success is:
- Making lots of money
- Having a happy and healthy family
- Serving others
- Achieving your life's purpose
Some would say it's all of the above. All would be correct.
True success is based upon what you value. Success is whatever we want to go after. It's whatever we are driven to do, whatever prompts us to care, to contribute, or to make a difference.
It's what whatever makes us feel good. And remember, no matter how you define success, there is no wrong answer.
If you aren't sure how you define success, try this exercise:
- Write down your definition of success. It can be as long or as short as you wish.
- Does it match what you are doing now in your personal and professional life?
- If it doesn't, what changes can you make so your definition and your life match?
This sounds simple enough, but change can be hard. And lasting change is even harder. If you want help achieving success and happiness in your life and career, I can help.